Monday, January 09, 2006

Week 1 2006

First week is over for the year and was a good one. Managed to squeak out a $2200 profit and had a couple of swings doing it. Had a $700 down day on Weds. and then on Sunday I lost $400 to fight back and turn it into a $200 profit - now that made me happy! On the flipside twice this week I was doubled up when I shouldnt have been. By that I mean the person should have folded their piece of shit hand but didnt...I do love them though, bless their hearts. The hand that really brought me back from my loss on Sunday night was this...

2/4 NL, UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, me in MP raise to $24 w/QQ folds to UTG who thinks for a while then pushes all-in an additional $50 (he often does this), UTG+1 also thinks for a while and calls. No way I am just calling here so I raise UTG+1 another $200 leaving me $90 left. UTG+1 puts me all-in. Board 4xTT4. UTG had JJ, UTG+1 had A5s!!!!

The $400 hand I lost in hindsight I bet incorrectly PF but here it is. UTG limps, me in EP raise to $20 w/AA, MP calls, LP (bigtack w/$1100) raises to $40, UTG calls, I reraise to $200 (I had a $530 stack), MP calls putting him all-in and LP calls too. Flop was Q55 and I bet $200, LP puts me all-in as he has QQ. In hindsight I realize that because LP had a huge stack I needed to just go all-in. I was being my usual self and making it expensive but low enough someone might call and it bit me in the butt. I was going to be committed to any flop so I needed to have bet all or close to all my stack PF. Live and learn.

Either way very happy witht he start to the year...how good/bad will week 2 be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home