Friday, January 06, 2006

I said I would...

YAY me, I won all the money back I lost the other day. Puts me back up for the week and on target to aim for a $1k+ week...whether I do or not remains to be seen.

Lets see the big hand that got me going was as follows...

On 2/4 I called a $18 bet w/JJ which put us headsup and the flop came 234 and he bet pot $46 and I raised $46. One because I do have an overpair and plenty of people make cont. bets so he could have AK/AQ. Well he called. Turn was a J (hehe), he checked and I bet $125, he called. Turn was an x and he checked and I pushed $250 and he called w/QQ. Not sure what he put me on to call me the whole way bit thank-you!

On a 1/2 table I raised a bunch of limpers to $14 from the BB w/AA and got one MP caller. Flop came 47T and I bet $25 and MP raised it to $60 (MP had $170 left). Decision time...it took me a while to decide but I decided if I am not the best so be it and pushed, he called w/KK and I held up...whew! In a similar situation where I am MP and hit a set I think I will make his sized raise, as to me it doesnt look like a set bet, thus my push. It might be the best way to get an overpair all-in on the flop vs a set.

I also overplayed a couple of hands for a lot of chips (about $350 total loss) but maanged to get the chips back eventually. Hate when I overplay, trying to bully someone out of a hand - rarely works.

Anyway a great day and put me in good spirits for the remainder of the week. My private goal is to make $50k this year which is a BIG ask but its what I am aiming for. Talk to me in 11 months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home