Thursday, June 15, 2006

TIMING

Sometimes winning and losing is all about timing. Sometimes you have a great hand vs the nuts, sometimes you have the nuts then lose to a river card that makes someone else the nuts. Sometimes everytime you bluff you get snapped, sometimes your cont. bets get raised, sometimes just everything you do will be countered and every situation you get in will fuck you up. Of course other times you play like an ass. This week has been a combo of the above two plus some good ole suckouts.

Had a terrible run over the first two days, so much so I took a break from poker completely yesterday and may for the rest of the week. I am not sure. Its tough because I really do enjoy playing poker and I dont want to give up but I also feel my head isnt in the game and perhaps a break would be good for me.

Losing a bunch is a good test of a persons mental fortitude and as I have always felt I dont have the goods (yet) for handling it. I dont tilt or get majorly depressed but I do question myself and my ability far too much. It comes down to the belief this poker thing is just too good to be true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home