Thursday, May 25, 2006

Fully recovered

Weds. was another nice day for profits and I made more than I lost on Tuesday so the week is shaping up very nice again.

In bigger news the company I worked for announced they are merging with an even bigger sub-prime lending company so evetually I will be out of work. Whatever positions that they end we will be given a min. of 60 days notice and that notice isnt likely to happen for about 90 days so I actually dont have to worry anytime soon about finding a new job. Truth is I already have. Once my expected termination happens and I finish here I will be become a Poker Pro. Yes you heard it here first.

The idea is very scary and very exciting all in one. Fortunately with this new style I stumbled across my confidence this can not only be a career but a successful career has doubled. As long as the poker boom is here to stay and the competition doesnt get significantly better I believe I can live a comfortable life without risking too much money. That is, I think I can live a very nice life playing at the 2/4 and 2/6 no limit levels. I wouldnt even have to go up to be just dandy. If I do and am stil a winner at a higher level well that would just be icing on the cake.

Quite simply the main reason I want to go pro is because of the felxibility of work, no boss, no deadlines, just me and a computer whenever I want. I want to be able to go play golf in the middle of the day. Go to the gym in the morning after a session of poker. Be able to hangout with my father in his semi-retirement. Travel! In my mind it feels like I will be retiring in my early 30's.

I am not one of those poker players obsessed with the game. I dont think anytime I am hanging out with friends I am missing out on winning $200. Nope, not me. I play here and there, enough to win me a nice chunk of change and then I want to relax and live life. Thats the whole idea of doing this for me. I dont want to get rich (though I wouldnt argue with it), I want an easy happy and comfortable life on my terms.

I am no doubt making this sound far easier than it will turn out to be and I may find that out. But at least at this point thats how I envision it being for "me".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home