Thursday, June 08, 2006

Big losses early

Yesterday for the first part of the session I was running into every bad situation possible. Unfortunately for the thrid time this week I hit a set and then got outdrawn on the turn. Check it out though because I thought my opponent played it terribly.

I have 77 LP and raise to $14 2 callers. Flop comes 785 and I bet $30 and the blind calls. Turn is a 9 and the blind pushes in for $300ish into a pot of around $100...WTF?! Now I cannot believe he would play any nut hand like this, so if he has the 6 I will pay him off and try to boat on the river. Cant think of any hand he should overbet the pot like this, perhaps 2 pair? Well I wont fold my set to that bet so I call. He had pocket 9's. I just dont get why he would try his absolute best to push me out of the pot on the turn with the nuts to everything bar a straight. Almost everytime his opponent wont have a hand that can call that bet and he has missed out on making any extra profit. And why not try for a check raise? If I check the turn also it would mean my hand isnt that strong so a push would be stupid also. Anyway he got paid nicely but I think it was a moronic push.

After that hand everything went downhill and I was down $900 before too long. I never tilted or even got slightly emotional. I just stuck to my game and tried to play solid poker and then the tide turned I got paid several times when I shouldnt have. Three times I flopped the flush and all 3 times I stacked my opponents and no their hands were not very strong at all. The best example is as follows.

I have KcTc and raise MP and get I think 1 caller. Flop comes 4c7cAc and I bet $20 and the blind c/r me to $72 so I smooth call. The turn is another A (not good for me) and he bets pot of around $200 and I push in. He thinks for a while and bets his remaining $125ish. What does he have?...5c5s!!! WOW.

Anyway I went well and somehow ended the session up $500. Puts me a little above even for the week so now its time to start working on finishing the week solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home