Monday, June 19, 2006

Break over

So after my bad start last week and not so stellar play I decided to take a little break from poker. I took 1 full day off and then just played the odd game here and there just one tabling. Just trying to get back into the groove. No miraculous results but I did manage to reduce the loss to only $1k for the week. I actually played pretty good and as has been the theme for a week and a half got sucked out on quite a few times. Here is one example although not a big pot.

People had been calling my raises with junk on this table and sucking out so I had decided to increse my PF raises with my strong hands.

2/4 NL table. EP limps and I raise to $24 OTB w/QQ, SB calls as does EP. Flop comes 257 and SB who has maybe $100 bets pot, EP folds and I put put him in. SB has 2d3d (no flush draw)and the turn and river go A and 4. UGH! That hand was most definitely a prime example of my recent luck.

I have gotten my money in with the best of it so many times and lost its at the point where I expect it now. I know it wont last as I have been through this before and you just have to keep grinding away.

Would be nice to think it is in the past for a little while...

So my winning week streak has ended, lets start a fresh one this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home