Friday, May 19, 2006

Tough calls

I have come right in the latter half of the week and as long as I dont screw up the weekend its looking good again. I have had to make several big calls this week and while my hands have been very strong or strong its still a BIG call.

Hand 1:
3/6 6man NL
a very solid tricky player raises $21 OTB and I call in the SB w/TT, BB also calls. Flop come Ts9s8s and I lead out $25 as a feeler. BB folds and Button moves in (he has me well covered). Now this player only makes this play with a made hand or a very strong call. I took time to think it through and honestly thought he had AsAx. I figured he wasnt pushing with a made hand, ie a straight or a flush and even if he was I did have outs. So I called. He in fact did have AsAx and didnt improve.

Hand 2:
2/4 6 man NL
Havent been at the table long but saw the villain make a big bluff pay off on the river. He raised PF and bet pot on flop and turn w/34o and tripped his 3 on the river. 3 limpers in this hand and I raise to $26 from Sb w/AKo, villain in CO and button call. Flop is 4h6c8s rainbow and I pause and lead out $50, villain calls. Turn is Ah and I pause again and bet out $105 into about $180 pot, Villain pots it to about $500. Lots of hands beat me but once again this is a huge raise and could be a steal, semi-steal. I was worred about two pair or a set and was not concerned about a made straight. In the end I thought he might have me on a pair such as TT-KK and felt my pause and medium bet on the turn was weak and he thought the Ace was a scare card for me. Thus I called. He had 97o for the straight draw and missed.

Those two pots certainly recouped my week. Now I just have to get through the weekend unscathed and if I do it would mean my third straight solid week with the new style.

I'll speak to you on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home