Monday, May 22, 2006

5th winner in a row

Last week was my 5th straight profitable week in a row. I checked back over the last yr and a half and my record is 6 winning weeks in a row followed by a bunch of 5 weekers. My typical patter is about 2-1/2 winning weeks to 1 week loss. The loss is generally a lot smaller compared to the wins. The difference in this 5 week stretch is the last 3 weeks have been using the new LAG style and the profits have been A LOT more. Last week was another very nice win and all of it came from the last 4 days.

Ironically this system is going so well I am almost scared to play some times because I feel like the rug is going to be pulled out from under my feet. I know, I know, I cant think like that but geez this sytem feels too good to be true. There is no doubt in my mind though that a bad week will see me lose anywhere from $2k-$4k in a week depending on how bad it really is. Hasnt happened yet. Dont look forward to when it does. Knock wood. I am trying to prepare myself mentally for when it does happen as I am not used to a loss that big. I think my biggest loss in a week is about $1300 to this point. Anyway I am going to enjoy this newfound success and go with it, how can I not?!

It still amazes me. I think back how I used to play --> very tight agg., and how I thought anyone who played the LAG style had no idea how to play consistently profitable...BAHAHAHA. What an arrogant idiot I was. There is sooooo much more money in the LAG style and it can still be very consistent if you play it right.

I bought a laptop on friday which I should get in about a week so I can now be a mobile poker player, hehe. Its a dell 2 ghz, 1 gig mem, 80 gig drive, 17" screen, carrycase and I decided to buy a wireless mouse as I am not sure how quick I would be with the touchpad. The resolution is capable of 1600x1200 so I will still be able to 4 table if I choose - not that I do right now. I am still only 2 tabling the short handed games but sooner or later I will bump it to 3.

I am still mixing up the stakes and playing 2/4 and 3/6 split about even and both levels are equally profitable and I am getting more and more comfortable with the higher bets at 3/6 the more I win.

Oh I took one sick loss on the weekend on a 3/6 table. I bet pot UTG w/ATo and LP min. raised me so I squarely put him on QQ-AA, AK. I am not going to fold for a min. raise but will only really continue the hand with a big draw or a 2 pair+ flop. Anyway the flop came JQK!!! So he either had a set, TPTK or an overpair for sure thus I checked it to him and he made about a 3/4 pot bet and I pushed in. He had the best possible hand I could hope for AA, needing runner runner or one of the last 3 Tens. Turn was another Ace, river a Jack...SICK! Luckily he wasnt a deep stack and I only lost about 1/2 a buy-in. More importantly most of my other hands didnt take any bad beats which is why my week turned out great again :-)

Lets hope I equal my previous week winning stretch this week. Might not be a big week as I have plans friday through sunday...lets see what happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home