Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Grind

The money isnt coming easy at all. Its a real f-ing grind. Of course it doesnt help that everytime I sit down I get off to a losing start and am always fighting an uphill battle. You know things arent going well when you get dealt AA-JJ and you just wonder how you will be beat this time. It seems the smallest thing can throw you night to the wind. I am up a little bit for the week but it just seems like it could disappear in a second. Threes seem to be my killer at the moment. My AA-QQ are getting destroyed also. I dont know the correct way to play them anymore. I am thinking of trying a new tack with them and betting them moderately PF and continue to bet modestly with them on the streets. I wonder if there is anyway to play them correctly for a good sized pot. They literally are only good for a small pot but will lose you a big pot. Something to ponder...

Here is an example of what has been happening to me but this time I resucked.

I raise PF w/JJ get 2 callers. Make a reasonable cont. bet on a low flop say 368 (cant recall). A shorty pushes all-in for about $100 more. I figure (as I always do) I am probably beat but am not going to fold an overpair to a short stack, thus I call. We flip cards and he has A3!! But of course the turn came a 3 and I was drawing to 2 outs. But as I stated this time I got my Jack.

Many stories like this without the happy ending.

My goal this week is to make $1200, far too early to guess whether I will or even if I will be up anything by the end. The grind has been that much of a slog to make me so negative. Ah well...if I can get a run going my attitude will change. Poker is a fickle mistress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home