Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Over aggressive ass

Damn did I play like a tard last night. First 5 mins. of the night I got myself down $50. Overplayed some hands and chased a bit but no real biggy. I made back the $50 plus another $75 (thanks to a rush of high PP's) before taking a break. Second session of the night is when I started playing like a tard. I guess I felt like being super aggressive and getting lots of action last night because thats precisely what I did. That in itself isnt terrible, its when you screw it up on the streets that you suck. My best example is as follows...

I was BB and had QJo (a hand I normally hate) and had two limpers and the SB complete. This typically means everyone is weak so I decide to steal the pot or steal it on the flop, so I raise to $5. Only the SB calls me. The flop comes KTx, pretty good for me. SB checks and I decide not to bet excessive and bet $5, SB calls. Turn was an "x" and it was at this point I made the tard error. SB checks and I bet $10. In this situation I have a strong draw hand but it is a hand that you dont want to be raised on as it is still only a draw hand. Well SB raised me $10 and I made the crying call. No help on the river and SB pushed in and I folded. That turn bet cost me $20 which I should never have lost. SB showed her hand, she had AA, lol. I actually got quite a few medium to high PP's in my last session but because of all the action I was generating my big bet PF was getting multiple callers and compromised a lot on the flop. I did get lucky on one hand where I had KK and made my usual raise to $5 with 3 callers. An Ace came on the flop and I made a 1/2 pot bet and got raised so I folded as did everyone else. He showed his cards and he had AA - very lucky an Ace came on the flop or I would've lost a bunch there. All in all the flop wasnt as kind the second session and I was also called on most of my bluffs so I lost my early profit and ended the night down $35.

I am not playing tonight (going out) so I wont have the chance to redeem myself. The only good thing I can take from this is, that though I was down I was down only a little. Its not really a "bad" night until I am down $100+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home