Saturday, March 12, 2005

Finally the cards went against me

Well I knew it was due. I hadnt been getting much in the way of bad beats or bad situations but they all came this afternoon. A bunch of high pocket pairs (JJ, QQ,KK) were beaten, My two pairs were beaten in many different ways, when I had TP someone had an overpair multiple times. One hand that cost me a bit was JTs and the flop gave me an OES&FD. I check called to the river to keep it small but he wasnt making it cheap but obviously it didnt hit and I lost a bunch, approx. $60. I was tempted on that hand to push-in but knew he had a PP and wouldnt fold and figured it would be cheaper to check call. Saved me $45 when I folded on the tiver. Other funny situations like a BB hand of T3 with a flop of T37 rainbow. $3 pot I check, a bet of $3 and 1 call, I raise another $6, they both call. Turn is another 7, Now if either has a T I am dead, obviously if one has a 7 even worse. was bet and called on the turn and I folded. Needless to say one person had a T and one did have a 7 and I have to wonder what he was thinking calling my reraise on the flop with middle pair...these people normally give me their money but not this time. Plenty of likewise situations came up and I didnt let it bother me because I have been running so good and knew I was due for such down times. I still got plenty of good hole cards tonight but it was the flop, turn and river that was killing me.

The key boys and girls is minimizing your losses when that happens, which I can say I did fairly well today and of course maximizing when everything is hitting. Not sure exactly how much I lost after this mornings session as I did win some more before the losses hit me....if I include my high point then I can say I lost about $150.

I will play again tomorrow morning but hopefully not in the afternoon as I want to go have some fun with friends. They dont know that yet so lets hope it happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home