Thursday, March 03, 2005

Atrocious play

The title sums it up. I cant defend my play at all last night and deserved to lose every penny that I lost, which was, $135. I overplayed many hands and never folded when it was obvious I was behind. And one player had me so confused and betting on emotion I figured my AK was good enough to be all-in by the river against him with neither an A or a K on the board! That is something I never (until now) do. Boy he suckered me good. He had AA and had played it very bizzarre and I didnt believe he had shit. It probably didnt help that the night before someone had done something similar and I had folded on the turn to his big bet and he showed 82o.

Such is poker and last night I played my 'C' game. Wasnt even good enough to be called a 'B' game. But I think we all need these reminders every now and again that we arent infallible and need to stick to the plan. Stop overplaying and bluffing so much, its just wasting me money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home